Ubuntu 8.10 applets not saving properties - sounds + NetManager

Thorny thorntreehome at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 10:23:15 UTC 2009

[...]
> _That's_ a "rookie mistake".  We all get posts at different rates - just
> because _you've_ seen later posts doesn't mean I have.  In my case, I get
> the feed through gmane, not email, so that results in different arrival
> times.  Plus I'm on a satellite internet connection, and the weather's
> awful (snowing right now, raining heavily earlier), which means I'm
> getting an intermittent connect.
[...]

Aw gee Derek, you didn't notice my headers, I use gmane too. I use it
through a time-limited dialup in a remote location and service drops
often even when connected, so I understand your point.

I only mentioned this because lately I've noticed a lag from you in one
case of 5 hours, which probably wasn't due to weather. Anyhow, we've
managed to get the issue out so everyone can consider it. No harm, no foul.