Help recovering information from Windows

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Tue Sep 30 17:02:31 UTC 2008

Amanda Farr wrote:
> Thanks, That sounds like a good idea.
>
> Does the hard drive need to have been partitioned for the cd to mount the
> drive? Because there's a good chance that it wasn't.

Please don't top post.

And yeah, the drive needs a good partition table to be mountable.  That
doesn't necessarily mean the /data/ on the drive is bad or missing.
Just that the partition is okay.

You say there's a good chance it wasn't partitioned?  I don't follow?
If the system had an OS on it already (was it windows?) the drive had to
have been partitioned.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support