GUI goodness for your Mouse and Keyboard programming

Heike C. Zimmerer nospam08q2 at gmx.net
Tue Sep 30 14:59:42 UTC 2008

Albert Charron <albert at albertcharron.name> writes:

> Heike C. Zimmerer wrote:
>>
>> Apart from all that, I don't wish to see ads for whatever software
>> someone may have written here.
>>
> So, basically, you don't want people to give "hints" on nice projects
> that may lead to a higher acceptance of Linux? I don't consider the
> original message as an ad... The guy found this interesting piece of
> software and shared its discovery with the community... that's
> it... It's not as if the guy said "Look what we have to offer you for
> x amount of money"... that would be ad... and spam... You might agree
> with me or not, that's not the point... you don't like that, that's
> fine... but some people are happy that this link was posted here...

You wouldn't want to see an anouncement here for each of the releases
mentioned e.g. at http://lwn.net/Articles/297963 .  And there are many,
many more... that "Windows experience" the ad here was for didn't even
make it there (and I somehow doubt it will ever).  All those
announcements would totally clutter up the list, making it unusable for
its intended purposes.