Troubles watching NBC shows from thier website

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 02:18:33 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 5:19 PM, steve <sfreilly at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> Send NBC an email to complain about no linux support, or no "working"
> linux support.  Im pretty sure just like with the olympics you will need
>  moonlight which isnt in a workable state last I tried it.
>
> anyway, try this at hulu....... works perfectly.
>
> http://www.hulu.com/knight-rider

Works fine here too - just tried it. On the other hand, sometimes any
video in this fashion (mplayerplugin & flash) don't work - CNN for
example. I'll sometimes get white screens, with general error - even
if I quit and rerun Firefox it doesn't always work. Then I try back
later, and everything's fine.

I wonder if some content requires Moonlight or a proprietary
Windows-only codec/method to play, and other content doesn't?