freeType font: jsMath

H.S.Rai hardeep.rai at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 03:05:16 UTC 2008

I tried to use jsMath, which need installation of additional fonts.
Following page:

   http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsMath/users/fonts.html

has link to:

  http://www.mozilla.org/projects/fonts/unix/enabling_truetype.html
(Last modified March 11, 2002) which is quite old. It is difficult to
believe that firefox is not having support to TruType fonts. I
installed additional font. (Without additional fonts, it fall back on
raster fonts and I was able to proper math equation, but advise was to
have fonts installed to view quickly and non-ugly). On installing
font, I get incomplete rendering of page in FireFox:
http://gndec.ac.in/~hsrai/tmp/jsMathMozillaFirefox.png

However, Konqueror render it fine:
http://gndec.ac.in/~hsrai/tmp/jsMathKonqueror.png

I am using FF3.0.3 on Ubuntu (updated). What I can do?

--
H.S.Rai