Wubi Ubuntu installer

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 27 22:05:35 UTC 2008

On 09/27/2008 02:35 PM, Karl Larsen wrote:
> NoOp wrote:

>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide
>> <quote>
>> How do I install Ubuntu?
>>
>> Run wubi, insert a password for the new account, and click "install".
>> The installation process from this point is fully automatic. The
>> installation files (700MB) will be downloaded and checked, after which
>> you will be asked to reboot. Do so and select Ubuntu at the boot screen.
>> The installation will continue for another 10-15 minutes and the machine
>> will reboot again. This is it. Now you can select Ubuntu at the boot
>> screen and start using it.
>> </quote>
>>
>> http://wubi-installer.org/
>> http://wubi-installer.org/faq.php
>>

>     It would be useful to also explain you must have windows XP already
> installed. I did goto the wiki and read all about it. And also you must
> have enough space on the C: drive to load Ubuntu since it is an
> application running in Windows.
>

> Karl

One has to assume something & given that it is a Windows installer & the
instructions show installing from Windows...
<quote>Wubi is an officially supported Ubuntu installer for Windows
users that can bring you to the Linux world with a single click. Wubi
allows you to install and uninstall Ubuntu as any other Windows
application, in a simple and safe way. Are you curious about Linux and
Ubuntu? Trying them out has never been easier!
</quote>

I agree on the other though; they should have this at the top of the
wubi faq and wiki:
http://wubi-installer.org/faq.php#requirements