Please help me mount my data HD

Gilles Gravier gilles at gravier.org
Sat Sep 27 16:57:21 UTC 2008

Another package which you can ALSO add is *ntfsprogs* which has some
fancy tools to manipulate NTFS volumes.

Again... in /*Synaptics*/, just search for *ntfsprogs*, and check it...
same as you will do for *ntfs-3g*. Install all the dependencies as well.

Gilles.

Adhika Widjaya wrote:
> Hi Edgar,
>
> Actually you don't need to reformat the drive if you still have some
> data existed in that drive and you're willing to be able to read those
> data.
>
> I suggest that you use the synaptic package manager to install the
> *ntfs-3g* package. It might ask you to install other packages related
> and needed by this package, so what you need to do is just to let it
> install everything it needs.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
> Adhika W. Widjaya
> Linux user and Junior Oracle DBA
>
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 00:08, Edgar Sarino <edgarsarino at yahoo.com
> <mailto:edgarsarino at yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
>     To ubuntu-users,
>
>     Greetings.  I am new to ubuntu, but I thought that I would give it
>     a try.
>
>     I have a Dell Precision with two SCSI HDs - a 36 GB HD (onto which
>     I installed ubuntu 8.04 LTS Desktop Edition) and a data 137 GB HD,
>     which I left alone.  I thought that the installer would
>     automatically reformat both drives - instead, it left the 137 GB
>     HD alone, and when I try to access it or view it, I get an error
>     message which states that the drive has the NTFS file system and
>     is therefore umountable.
>
>     Question: How do I reformat the drive, and/or make the drive
>     mountable?
>
>     Thanks for your attention to this matter.
>

>     - Edgar Sarino
>

>     --

/*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* *Gilles at Gravier.org* <mailto:Gilles at Gravier.org>
ICQ : *77488526*
<http://www.icq.com/whitepages/about_me.php?Uin=77488526> * || *MSN
Messenger : Gilles at Gravier.org <http://members.msn.com/Gilles@Gravier.org>*
*Skype : ggravier <callto://ggravier>* || *Y! : ggravier
<http://profiles.yahoo.com/ggravier> || AOL : gillesgravier
<aim:goim?screenname=gillesgravier>
PGP Key ID : *0x8DE6D026*
<http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x8DE6D026&op=index>
"Chastity is its own punishment." (/Solomon Short/) [/David Gerrold/]
"De toutes les aberrations sexuelles, la chasteté est la plus
aberrante." [Anatole France]