upgrades

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Fri Sep 26 16:40:16 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 09:15 -0400, Michael "TheZorch" Haney wrote:
> I've got a question.  I used Feisty before Wubi was officially endorsed
> by the Ubuntu Community and tried to upgrade to Gutsy.  There were a lot
> of issues and I had to wait until the Wubi Project developed a version
> that worked with Gutsy.  Now I'm using Hardy and its installed using Wubi.
>
> In testing, I'm assuming there IS testing, has there been any
> significant issues with people who used Wubi to install Hardy to
> successfully upgrade to 8.10?

Good question, but I have no idea, not even whether there actually are
any differences in Wubi installs as far as updating is concerned.

> I know about the NIC driver issues with
> the test version of 8.10 and I think I read about some kind of kernel
> problem but can't seem to find the thread.

The Intrepid issues that are targeted for the upcoming beta release are
here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/intrepid/+bugs?field.milestone=1325

All bugs tagged "intrepid":
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/intrepid/+bugs

All about the current Alpha 6, incl. known issues:
http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/intrepid/alpha6