Help with 2.1 speaker setup

Frans ketelaars at wanadoo.nl
Thu Sep 25 09:55:34 UTC 2008

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 01:15:58 +0200, Rajat wrote:

> They are digital speakers and the model is Logitech 2.1 LS21
>
> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/4251&cl=us,en
>
> The port works fine - both headphones as well as the two speakers of my
> 2.1 speaker surround system. The issue that I am facing is "the sub
> woofer not working". I googled for some solution and got the info that a
> supposedly "LFE" feature needs to be worked around with. Also installed
> GNOME Alsa Mixer ... didn't help.
>
> Thanks
> Rajat
>
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Joe Burgess <joemburgess at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Rajat wrote:
>> > Hi Anyone ?
>> >
>> > I also installed gnome-audio-controller. I read up on the forum that
>> > the subwoofer has something to do with LFE. I dont see the controller
>> > for the LFE on my sound settings. I only see PCM and MAster.
>> >
>> > Thanks for your help
>> > Rajat

>> tweaks

>> Also, do headphones work in the same port?? we need to know if the port
>> is working at all
>>
>> --Joe

Have you read the quick-start guide? It's online as a .pdf file:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/4251&cl=us,en
-> troubleshooting -> Manuals for the LS21. See 4. Adjusting bass control:
To adjust bass level from your LS21 speakers, turn the bass control up or
down. The control is on the back of your subwoofer.

Note that your speakers take as input a line level (or headphone level)
analogue stereo signal. The speakerset then sends the lower sound
frequency's from both channels to your subwoofer.

Good luck!

    -Frans