Help with 2.1 speaker setup

Rajat a.rajat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 23:15:58 UTC 2008

They are digital speakers and the model is Logitech 2.1 LS21

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/4251&cl=us,en

The port works fine - both headphones as well as the two speakers of my 2.1
speaker surround system. The issue that I am facing is "the sub woofer not
working". I googled for some solution and got the info that a supposedly
"LFE" feature needs to be worked around with. Also installed GNOME Alsa
Mixer ... didn't help.

Thanks
Rajat