Printing

Linda haniganwork at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 24 16:38:20 UTC 2008

Sorry I lost the original email, but some one was asking about trouble
with out put on a hp 1320 laserjet
I did have trouble with output not printing right once under one of my
kids log ins they did Spanish homework on Open Office and some how the
default page size changed to A4 so since the printer was using letter it
goofed up output. So the first question is how are you printing, does it
cause the same problem from all programs? Can you print a text or
postscript file from the command line? Have you checked your CUPS
options to make sure they match the printer and that you have the right
driver installed? You can bring up CUPS admin by typing
http://localhost:631/admin in the address of your browser. Then if you
choose the printer tab it will show all the printers installed each
printer has choices that allow you to change options and modify printer.
Modify printer is where you would check the driver.
             Linda