Joining Ubuntu to OpenDirectory

bill at randomdog.net bill at randomdog.net
Mon Sep 22 21:43:31 UTC 2008

I¹ve been struggling with this for a while now. This is what I¹d like to do:

I have an OpenDirectory OSX server running 10.5. It houses all my user
accounts. I¹d like to be able to log into Ubuntu box running 8.04 via SAMBA
shares, SSH, console, etc.

I have attacked this from a Kerberos point of view, an OpenLDAP point of
view and a SAMBA point of view. I¹d like to be able to pull off Single-Sign
On (hence Kerberos).

I am currently able to login via LDAP to the console and via SSH.

I am NOT able to get SAMBA to ³see² my Domain users.

I am able to login via local users to my Ubuntu box.

This is driving me crazyŠ Please someone point my in the right direction.
Thanks in advance.

Bill