Network configuration and hard disk access

Gautam Saaraswath cooldudegautam at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 01:26:33 UTC 2008

Hi people am Gautam, a new user of linux.Am Using Ubuntu 7.10 and have
trouble connecting to the internet. Am having trouble with Ubuntu's network
configuration which it doesn't accept configuration as convinently as
window. I have tried other flaovurs such as Kubuntu, fedora 9and so on but
every flavour gives me the same trouble. Secondly a hard disk which is
capable to work on both the system is something very convinent incase i
wanna use it as an external hard disk, now Ubuntu doesn't recognise it while
Fedora 9 does and am able to use it. Am told Ubuntu is good for bigenners
but when i type su in the terminal and type my password it doesn't
authenticate it. There was no prompt for root password during setup.
Confused and agonised. please help.

Regards

Gautam