Configuring TexMaker in Ubuntu

Eric Maquiling emaquili at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 15:58:08 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 05:10:10PM -0700, Sam Albers wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>This is not exactly a Ubuntu question but I hope somebody with experience
>using TexMaker might be able to help me out a little.

Haven't used it but do you have all the LaTeX installed?  After the dvi file,
can you do:  dvi2pdf?

Usually, all the UI Tex stuff are just calls to all the command line stuff.

Typically, I just use VIM and a cheat sheet on my desk.  I've used a lot of the
UI stuff but then switching between a lot of computers, it was easier to learn
the basic formatting and run 'latex filename'.  Then use dvi2pdf or dvips to
print to the printer.

--
em