Configuring TexMaker in Ubuntu

Sam Albers tonightsthenight at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 00:10:10 UTC 2008

Hello all,

This is not exactly a Ubuntu question but I hope somebody with experience
using TexMaker might be able to help me out a little.

Can anyone provide me with some good documentation on Texmaker? I can't for
the life of me configure it properly. I am using Ubuntu 8.04.

Whenever I try to run say LaTex or BibTex I simply receive an error saying:

Process started

Process exited with error(s)

I am able to do a Quick Build to produce a nice looking .dvi file but that
is about it. I am relatively new to Ubuntu so I am just wondering what I
might be looking for to tell TexMaker where to look for the programs in
question. Any help would be much appreciated as I feel I am wasting a lot of
time getting this all running properly and not enough time actually learning
LaTex. Thanks in advance!

Sam