Session Startup

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 22 18:16:59 UTC 2008

"Darryl Tidd" <pcsmasher at gmail.com>  said:
> Ok, so I have finally gotten everything not to start up, with the
> exception of a file browser.  I closed all applications and checked
> the box to save the session.  Logged out and in, and nothing opened
> up except the file browser.  I have since unchecked the box, and
> nothing starts except the file browser.  Don't know what to do about
> this one.

If you are putting a check in a box then you are asking the system to
automatically remember running applications when logging out.  Do not
check the box! Click on the button below the box which says, "Remember
Currently Running Applications."
After that (you did shut everything down that you don't want started
before clicking the button, right?) log out and back in.  I don't think
a reboot is necessary but it couldn't hurt.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Minnesota Atty. Gen. Mike Hatch said he got about 300 of those.
"It's sleazy," he said. "This is not a company that appears to