How long before you give up.

Patrick Newberry PNewberry at habitat.org
Mon Sep 22 00:21:43 UTC 2008

Got some old machines and trying to install xubuntu.

I've got one machine right now that had windows 2000 server on it. Didn't know password.
I put in the xubuntu disk and it's been going for about 8 or more hours. At this point I have no  display but the cdrom drive is spinning.

How long should before I should accept  the fact that something is hosed and try to start over. It's not a big deal as nothing is on it that I have to save.

Also I didn't see an option to over write the existing system (e.g. the windows operating system if I don't want to bother with a dual boot.)

Do I need for format the c: drive before I put in the xubuntu install  disk?

Pat