Nautilus: fails to connect to FTP server without explanation: how to debug ?!

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sun Sep 21 22:19:18 UTC 2008

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 08:04:02 +1000
Peter Garrett <peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Click the arrows on the right of the "Service Type" at the top. You
> should see "ssh" as an option. Use that one (default port is 22 as you
> would expect).

Ah ok, thanks Peter. I thought SSH had nothing to do with ftp (thought
ftp was to trasfer files to/from a server, and SSH was to get remote
access to linux box via the command line).

So I tried SSH, but I get the same problem: "timed out while trying to
log in"... oops.

It's too bad that Nautilus doesn't have any debug options to trouble
shoot this problem ! Grrrr.... :-(

--
Vince, glad gFTP works perfectly, but would still find it more
convenient if Nautilus would work too !