Best E-Mail Client

Peter N Spotts pspotts at comcast.net
Sun Sep 21 18:46:12 UTC 2008

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:36:01 +0100
John K Masters <johnmasters at me.com> wrote:

> --On 15 August 2008 20:21:27 -0400 David McNally
> <david3333333 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi Everyone.
> >
> > I'm looking for an email client that does everything that Microsoft
> > Outlook does, and just as well (or better)
> > I've tried Evolution, and, while it is good as an email client, it
> > has problems with connecting to my Google Calender. I've also
> > noticed some other problems with it.
> >
> > I've also tried Thunderbird, which is a fantastic email client, but
> > it doesn't have a calender, which I do need.
> >
> > Needless to say, it must be open-source, and available in the Ubuntu
> > repos.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > David
>
> I know this is an old thread but I've just decided to try using
> Mulberry again after a lapse of several months. This mail client has
> improved dramatically and I think it may be what you are looking for.
> It is extremely configureable, has calendar and address book
> functionality with the ability to connect to Google Calendars and
> just about anything else. I've only been playing with it for the last
> few hours but I am extremely impressed. It's nearly as good as Mutt :)

David,

Try the Lightning plug-in for Thunderbird. It syncs pretty well with
Scheduleworld (which itself can sync to some extent with Google
Calendar). I haven't tried the latter, but I used TB with SW for a
while and it worked out quite well.

With best regards,

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
            -- Douglas Adams, "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"