ubuntu and music

(=?utf-8?q?=60=60-=5F-=C2=B4=C2=B4?=) -- Fernando ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Fri Sep 19 11:55:53 UTC 2008

Olá Derek e a todos.

On Thursday 18 September 2008 16:26:07 Derek Broughton wrote:
> (``-_-´´) -- Fernando wrote:
>
> > Olá Neil e a todos.
> >
> > On Tuesday 16 September 2008 14:03:47 Neil wrote:
> >> Usually it takes a while before the last version of Wine has reached
> >> the Ubuntu repositories. You might want to add the Wine repositories @
> >> http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb to stay up to date if it is
> >> this important to you.
> >
> > This is FUD. Really stop it, if you dont know what you are talking about.
>
> _This_ is insulting.  Neil's absolutely right.
>
> > Scott Ritchie has been making a WONDERFUL job by packing any version (or
> > patch) of wine to most of Ubuntu versions, as soon as they came out, and
> > making them FULLY compatible with Ubuntu system policies. Wine repo cant
> > do that. So please just use the Ubuntu version, that you are going to get
> > very well served.
> >

> > FYI the latest version available is 1.0.0-1ubuntu10.
>
> Not to make light of Scott's work, but that's not even CLOSE to being
> up-to-date.  The current version of Wine is 1.1.4.  This is what Neil was
> talking about.  In fact, if you follow the instructions on WineHQ, you GET
> Scott Ritchie's build of Wine 1.1.4 packaged for Hardy, so apparently it's
> you who don't know what you're talking about.
>
> Now note, Wine does not consider this a stable build - it is, as Neil
> suggested, only for those who want to be on the cutting edge.
> --
> derek

PPL were complaining about FF3 beta in Hardy, and now you want WINE too? lol

Ok just kidding, I'm CCing Scott, and let him reply himself on this. That way we get the best info, ok?

Scott here is the thread link https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2008-September/159700.html

--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)	http://LinuxNoDEI.BUGabundo.net