Help! Can't get back into WinXP-- Error 13: Invalid...

Ken McLennan kenrmcl at aapt.net.au
Sun Sep 14 12:00:41 UTC 2008

G'day there Again,

    I just looked up Grub error messages on Google and found:

13 : Invalid or unsupported executable format
    This error is returned if the kernel image being loaded is not
    recognized as Multiboot or one of the supported native formats
    (Linux zImage or bzImage, FreeBSD, or NetBSD).

    In this instance your kernel image is for WinXP but following the
above logic it seems Grub can't read it. Therefore I'm now more
convinced that it's because your kernel can't read the windows partition
format.

    Does anybody else agree or can positively write off this approach?

See ya
Ken McLennan
Qld, Australia