nVidia problems

Jeffrey D. Greenly kd6hul at verizon.net
Fri Sep 12 19:09:23 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 12:55 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> As some of you know there is a corporation called nVidia that is
> traded and it is going down in price. This is because a number of people
> have brought a Class Action Suit against them. It alleges that nVidia
> lied about how easy it is to use their product. It was at above $35 a
> share and today it is $10.
>
>     I had trouble with their chip and still do. But it appears to be a
> poor cooling devise that causes my problem. But we still hear people on
> this list who, when we can get them to tell us, are having a nVidia problem.
>
> Karl
>
> --
>
> 	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
> 	Linux User
> 	#450462   http://counter.li.org.
>    PGP 4208 4D6E 595F 22B9 FF1C  ECB6 4A3C 2C54 FE23 53A7

Hey, Karl...

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, they had serious QC issues and a huge
number of chips were found to be defective; instead of taking that loss,
they decided to feed these defective chips back into the channel. I read
about it on Slashdot a while back, but don't have time to go back and
pull the reference.

73's

Jeff KD6HUL