politeness

Ken McLennan kenrmcl at aapt.net.au
Fri Sep 12 08:54:39 UTC 2008

G'day there Gilles,

> (are all the aussies called Ken?
    Only the remarkably good looking ones who exhibit a kind of boyish
charm and sparkling intellect :)

> the name of the "australian accented" voice for my TomTom is called
> "Ken"...)
    Hmmm... there must be a few of us around. I've not got a TomTom (or
one of similar ilk) as yet, but it's on my list of "Stuff to get".

>>     I'll be buggered!!     Politically aware answers!     Who would
>> have thought?
>>
>>     ...the wonders of modern science!!!!
> Then again, we see that in too many places... Oscars, MTV awards that
> surprisingly go to minorities or other politically correct /
> requireing contestents.
    I never thought highly of the Oscars - a bunch of substance abusing,
self absorbed egos slapping each other on the back. I can live without
it. I can still remember a few years ago one of the headlining actresses
stating she'd not vote for any Australian actor as they'd won too many
awards. Dunno she was full of it or not, but it does tend to indicate
how "fair" the process is. Mind you, I find the whole industry irrelevent.

> Oh well... the world as we know it is about to change, right? I live
> just a mere 30km from the CERN. :D

     Ahaaaa!!!   Can you post to the list if they generate a Black Hole
and the world disappears? After all, you'll be one of the very first to
find out :)

See ya
Ken