problem with USB paralell interface

Brian Astill bastill at adam.com.au
Fri Sep 12 02:35:38 UTC 2008

On Friday 12 September 2008 03:25:42 Alfredo Lopez wrote:
> I have a Panasonic KXP-11424, Manhattan Paralell serial
> Interface and one Sony Vaio notebook with Ubuntu 8.4 and do not
> print all the time, please Help

There are two ways of using a serial USB port.  One uses udev to
create /dev/ttyUSB0 (or /dev/ttyUSB1) and the other uses libusb
and usb:  (that colon is needed).
Problem is, the two systems conflict.
When you connect your device look in /dev and see if ttyUSB0 has
been created.  Then "locate libusb" or use synaptic to see if
libusb is installed.  If both things are true, you will need to
suppress one of them.

--
Regards,
Brian