Help Please

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Sep 10 15:10:22 UTC 2008

Email wrote:
> I desperately want to get away from Microsoft but cannot make head nor tail of Ubuntu.
>
> I have downloaded Ubuntu 4 times and burned it to CD but it will not load. The ISO Ubuntu file seems OK.
>
> I have a blank formatted HDD and put the Ubuntu CD into the CD drive, set the Bios to boot from CD, but it does not load.
>
> What could the problem be?
>
> I have been to the page that offers to check the integrity of the ISO file but it is so technical with command strings etc which is meaningless to me and describing numbers of different options.
>
> In any case I doubt of the file is corrupted I have downloaded it numbers of time with always the same result.
>
> Many thanks for any help you can give and best wishes from Stan

    You need to write the .iso file to the cd-rom properly. Look at your
cd-rom and see if it has just one file, with .iso on the end. If it has
several files listed then your cd-rom was made correct.

    As a general rule if you can load Windows on a computer, it will
load Ubuntu as well.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI