Screen resolution T61p, Nvidia

Kevin Whitefoot kwhitefoot at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:27:04 UTC 2008

>>I have 8.04 running on a Thinkpad T61p.

>>I'm using Nvidia's drivers and they seem to work well.  However I
>>cannot make the screen resolution settings stick.

Ryan Pugatch said

>Try using nvidia-settings.  This works with my T61 which is very
>similar to your T61p.

Thanks.  That worked.  At least it did after I launched it as

  sudo nvidia-settings

I think the way it is set up on the menu must be a bug because unless
you run it as root it cannot save the settings to /etc/X11/xorg.conf

So now I have another question:

Why is this a global setting?  Why is it not per user?  Another user
with poorer eyesight might well want a different setting.

Thanks again,

Kevin.