acpi -V gives me gibberish.

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 8 14:20:09 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca>  said:
> I've never actually seen a reliable temperature from a cold boot.  I
> suspect that the temperature in the CPU rises quickly enough that by
> the time you can actually look at it, it's well above ambient.

that's my suppposition as well.  Now the question becomes, how to tell
what offset to give?  This can't be the normal way of things and, in
fact, my Gutsy installation still shows the 'correct' (how do I tell?)
temp and not the gibberish I see now.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.