Atheros wireless card not seen in Network Manager

Amy Kelly engagedtone at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 01:01:35 UTC 2008

It's a brand new laptop with a install of 8.04 that I put on about 2
days ago, I haven't done updates on it yet. The driver thinks it got
there automagically, I did the install and Device Manager came up and
said "Proprietary drivers are being used to to make your computer
work". Still getting used to apt-get and how Ubuntu does updates, my
desktop runs Fedora 8 (been using that for a couple of months,
switched from Win XP) and I finally got used to how yum works. :) I'm
wondering what I need to do to see if it sees the card or not, I'm not
too scared of the command line but I have no idea what I need to be
doing to find the information.

Thanks!

Amy