printing with Ubuntu in Windows network

Silent Ph03nix silentph03nix at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 20:00:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 1:55 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Well, that didn't work; ipp works just fine between Ubuntu computers,
> but from Ubuntu to WinXP I had to use smb. At first I couldn't get it to
>  connect to the printer either, however after I turned on
> authentication and gave it a proper uid and password for a user that is
> listed on the Windows machine it verified, setup, and printed just fine.
> (I'm using the WinXP machine now to post this). I used
> smb://<winmachinename>/<winprintername> so smb discovery is working.
>
> Anyway, seems to work find here & I've now got the test config/printer
> setup & can compare settings/logs if you need them.

I use a print server on all my printers.  I have an HP 932C attached
to an HP Jetdirect that we use at the house for printing.  That seems
to work well.  I have a Linksys print server that I need to get setup
to print to a Dell MFP that we inherited.  One of these days I'll
actually get that done.

--
Ph03nix
A. P. Herbert  - "A high-brow is someone who looks at a sausage and