8.04 still locks up

elmo elmo at ne.rr.com
Fri Sep 5 16:05:44 UTC 2008

steve wrote:

I ran acpi -V several times during a half hour period and received a
'Thermal 1: ok, 40.0degrees C:'
each time .

As for component checks, I have several operating systems on this
computer, Windows XP, two Debians, UBUNTU 7.01 CD & DVD versions, UBUNTU
8.04 CD & DVD versions, some on an external HD.  They all work
flawlessly except both 8.04s with their tendency to freeze.

You're probably wondering why so many operating systems.  Mostly, it's
because after I try a system, I hate to remove it.  The 8.04s are a
challenge.

    elmo