printing with Ubuntu in Windows network

Erik Christiansen dvalin at internode.on.net
Fri Sep 5 15:05:36 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 10:31:17PM +0800, Chris Jeffries wrote:

> When I ask it to send a test page to the printer, the printer prepares
> to print, but then stops. It appears as though the  printer is
> receiving commands it cannot process or is waiting for something thatÅ›
> not arriving.

Ah, if it now gets that far, then this may (or may not) apply in your
case. I've just finished dealing with an HP 3050 which wouldn't print
unless its "Enter" button was pressed for each print job from CUPS.
It would "prepare to print, but then stop", as yours does.

For the HP 3050, the fix was to make CUPS use the appropriate PPD file.

But does yours print if the printer's <go_button> is pressed?

Erik