Having some real issues

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Fri Sep 5 12:39:59 UTC 2008

Pat Brown wrote:

>> Dave
>>
> I finally got some 263 updates and among them was a wireless driver so
> that's back. I still don't have Thunderbird. The package is there and I
> extracted it, but can't finda way to run the app. Is there a command
> line I can use?
>
> Pat Brown
>
> pat.mysterywriter at gmail.com
> www.pabrown.ca
>
> L.A. Heat, hotter than ever

Have you tried opening a console and typing in 'thunderbird'?  Or
'icedove'?  I never keep it straight how Ubuntu names the binary?

And just out of curiousity, how did you install Thunderbird to begin
with? It might make sense to uninstall it and then install it from the
CLI and see what errors you might get from there.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support