make apt-get stop bothering me about signatures

John Hubbard ender8282 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 4 16:14:19 UTC 2008

Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
> Excuse me for asking a stupid question, but how can it be dangerous?
> Will a knife come out of my screen and cut my throat off?
> But seriously, what's the worst thing that could happen?
> That everything is erased from my drives (I have a backup that on an
> USB drive that is always turned off, except when I am running my
> backup script)?
> Or that someone can read my files (like I cared… that person doesn't
> need much entertainment…)?
> Or maybe that my computer could send viruses to WIndows machines
> (again, like I cared…)?
> Or someone would get information about my father and go killing him
> (he died eight years ago anyway)?
> What is the threat, really? I guess I really missed something. Would
> be interesting to know what.
If you use Thunderbird I can grab the contents of ~/.thunderbird. From
there I can not only see your email but I can probably also view your
passwords. If you do any Internet banking or internet shopping I can see
who you use. I could then steal your money. Maybe I am just malicious
and have no better use than to send fraudulent emails under your name.
But regardless of if I try to do anything malicious to you it would be
nice if you didn't let your computer become a part of a botnet. Far less
likely since you aren't running Windows but why not be safe.

--
-john

                2b || !2b
(0b10)*(0b1100010) || !(0b10)*(0b1100010)
        0b11000100 || !0b11000100
        0b11000100 || 0b00111011
               0b11111111
        255, that is the answer.