reinstalling HP LaserJet 4050

Wade Smart wadesmart at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 22:21:28 UTC 2008

Carlos Alberto Alves wrote:
> Wade Smart wrote:
>> Karl Larsen wrote:

>>>     Did you try it without hpijs? It might work without that on Hardy.
>>>
>>> Karl
>>>

>> 20080903 1620 GMT-6
>>
>> I went though CUPS again to set up the printer. I thought maybe I had
>> missed something but, I didnt see anything obvious to change.
>>
>> usb://HP/LaserJet%204050%20Series
>>
>> Is the Device URI and using 4050 Series Postscript.
>>
>> Wade
>>

> Have you taken a look at hplip?
>
> http://hplip.sourceforge.net/models/laserjet/hp_laserjet_4050_series.html

20080903 1716 GMT-6
I did. As soon as you start the app it says:
No Installed HP Devices Found

So I run the hp-setup page and choose USB which it responds:
"No devices found.
Please make sure your printer is on and properly connected."
which it is.

Then it states you can do this (find the printer) manually.
And it asks for the USB ID. So I run lsusb but that only shows me my
keyboard and mouse. So its not seeing the printer to set up.
But, isnt that the point of the driver? To communicate with the printer
to set it up?

Wade