No Terminals in Hardy Heron

Linda Hanigan haniganwork at earthlik.net
Wed Sep 3 15:46:29 UTC 2008

I just upgraded to LTS 8.04 Hardy Heron from Lts 6.06. I know can not
access terminal windows with Alt+ctrl+F1-F6. The F1 gives you some text
that looks like most of the text is off the left hand edge of the
screen. something like table 1000 at 800 not totally sure as it has run off
the screen. If you hit enter you get .Y1, Termeinal F2-F6 are blank
screens if you hit return you get .y and the temrinal number 2 -6 that
you are on. I run a lot of text based programs and program using vi in
theses windows. How do I get the terminals back?
                    Help
                    Linda