rolling Firefox back to 2.x

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 06:38:38 UTC 2008

2008/9/3 Florian Diesch <diesch at spamfence.net>:
> sqlite is a well documented file format that can be easily accessed
> from outside Firefox. If you  want to be sure that all sensitive data
> is deleted from database it needs just a few lines of code (even in
> shell code) to create a new database and copy the data you want to keep.
>
> The mork file format that was used by FF2 to store e.g. the history is
> only poorly documented and AFAIK there are no libs to access it from
> outside Firefox.

Mork was _plain_text_! You really have no idea what you are talking
about. I understand your concern, really, I do. Let's identify the
problem and devise a solution. Do you want you browsing habits to be
untraceable by forensic analysis of your hard drive? Write a shell
script that shreds (not just deletes) your relevant files.

Don't forget that network analysis will still reveal your browsing habits.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il