rolling Firefox back to 2.x

Florian Diesch diesch at spamfence.net
Tue Sep 2 21:22:34 UTC 2008

"Nik N" <niknot at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > I have not been tracking this tread much but it was my understanding
>> that he did not like that fact that it was hard to eraser sensitive
>> data stored in sqlite. In other words he surfs porn sites and does not
>> his wife to find out. (That is a joke btw way. I do not know the
>> poster at all.)
>
> I am it.
>
> That is, without any doubt, a distinct possibility. Another would be
> forensic examination of a sequestered computer by Chinese government
> law enforcement personell.

sqlite is a well documented file format that can be easily accessed
from outside Firefox. If you  want to be sure that all sensitive data
is deleted from database it needs just a few lines of code (even in
shell code) to create a new database and copy the data you want to keep.

The mork file format that was used by FF2 to store e.g. the history is
only poorly documented and AFAIK there are no libs to access it from
outside Firefox.

   Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>