printing with Ubuntu in Windows network

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 3 01:12:32 UTC 2008

On 09/02/2008 02:37 AM, Rafael Barreto wrote:
> I tried to use a printer in Windows network. It works like Steve says,
> Ubuntu recognizes the printer but when I try to print an Office document, it
> hangs and doesn't print, the whole Ubuntu system freezes. I don't know if it
> is the system's fault or Windows printer doesn't recognize Open Office
> documents...
> Raf.

Please don't quote the entire digest when you reply/post.

If you can give some details regarding:

1. Your system (memory, cpu type, Ubuntu flavour - xubuntu, kubuntu,
standard ubuntu etc., & version)
2. How you are set up to connect to the windows printer (via samba, ipp,
other)
3. Windows printer type & setup (including shares setup).

Then someone here might be able to help.