a few quick questions

Zhengguo Xu tworiversfolk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 14:32:11 UTC 2008

2008/8/29 Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org>

> The Places menu is not part of the "panel menubar", which consists of
> the Application and System menus, as the link explains. The name "panel
> menubar" is a bit confusing I guess.
>
> To edit Places, you can
>      * Create a bookmark in any file manager window (menu Bookmarks)
>      * Connect to a remote resource file manager > menu File > Connecto
>        to server, or in the Places menu > Connect to server

Thanks, i did it by creating a bookmark. it works like a charm.

> > 2. since my laptop has hardy as well and and i'm using evolution mail
> > client. is there any way to synchronize my setting between these 2
> > machines, like the way Foxmarks bookmark syncronizer works?
>
> What exactly do you mean with "setting"? If you want to share your
> mails, calender entries, etc., you could set up services that provide
> this, such as an IMAP mail server.

sorry for the ambiguity. English is not my native language. :-)

i have to take Foxmark Bookmarks Synchronizer as an example. you know, when
you add some new bookmarks in PC 1 and then you may work on PC 2 somewhere
else. just simply click synchronize on Foxmark menu and your PC 2 will have
the exact same bookmark as in PC 1.

My question is if there's something like that for Evolution as well. that is
to say, when i add some new contacts and maybe some todo list or task etc on
PC 1,  and when i use my PC 2 somewhere else, i can "click" "some buttons or
whatever" to *synchronize *the settings so that i don't have to type the
contacts and all the todo list and tasks etc again.

hopefully that clarify somehow.

thanks again for the help.