8.10 install

REINHARD KOEPP koeppr at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 18:23:07 UTC 2008

  I started to install 8.10 -- I stopped at step # 4 -- CUZ -- When
  I selected "install to the largest contingent FREE space" the # 2
  graphics bar (represents partitioning AFTER) indicated 100 percent
  of the disk would be used by the new UBUNTU installation -- Sooooo
  -- Has anyone out there gone through the whole install with this
  same selection ?????? -- AND -- Please tell me -- Is the verbage
  (Ubuntu confined to the largest FREE space) or the BAR (indicating
  100 percent of my disk) correct ??? -- Backed up or not, I've to
  much stuff out there to find out the hard way that some well meaning
  developer overlooked something in hast

                          Thanks -- RHk