What to do to get a fix in 8.04?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 30 22:48:47 UTC 2008

On 10/30/2008 10:06 AM, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Rolf Kutz wrote:
>
>> Bug #203016 has been open for more than half a
>> year and it's mayor annoyance. There is a patch
>> for it since month, too. What is neccessary to get
>> the fix released to Hardy Heron 8.04 LTS?
>>

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/hardy/+source/network-manager/+bug/203016
>>
> Begging?  It's an annoyance but it seems to have been assigned no more
> than "medium" importance, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's never going
> to be an official fix to this in Hardy.

Given that Hardy is an LTS, I see the requirement to apply the fix to
hardy as considerably more important than Intrepid. But the last post on
that bug indicates that it's not fixed in Intrepid either.

Does anyone know of a good memory leak detection manager that could be
used to effectively monitor this?