Ubuntu custom iso: unable to install, root password required!

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 30 19:57:53 UTC 2008

On 10/28/2008 09:01 PM, maina at mullard.co.ke wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have created a custom ubuntu iso, after burning it on the dvd and
> for administrator(root) password when i click on install icon on the
> desktop and it is not accepting the root password from the original
> system.
>
> Any advice/solution/wayout will be highly apprecited
>
> Distro is 7.04 fully updated/upgraded. I used remastersys to create the iso
>
> $ sudo remastersys dist.
>
> Regards.
> Maish.

Suggest:
http://www.remastersys.klikit-linux.com/
 http://loscompanion.com/forums/index.php?board=58.0
http://klikit.pbwiki.com/Remastersys+FAQ

<quote>
Some notes about using the dist option
. . .
Clean up history and cache and copy over the contents to /etc/skel but
be sure to change the ownership of everything in /etc/skel to root.
While the livecd/dvd is being created, it is not recommended to open any
other apps or windows.  It is highly recommended to become root to do
this by issuing "sudo su" in a terminal window and then running
"remastersys dist".
</quote>

Perhaps that is the problem? I've not used remastersys (looks
interesting), but it could be that you need to enter the root password
for the system you are installing on if you didn't use root before
running "remastersys dist"? If the target system doesn't have one, then
you may need to create one - but your best bet is to as in the user forum.