Grub changes

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Thu Oct 30 08:06:03 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 19:02 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>     Your right Mario

No problem, I was just sayin'  :)
It was my choice to spend the time, after all

> it never entered my mind that Ubuntu would make a new version not
> supporting nVidia.

To be more precise:
So far we know of one particular nvidia card (GeForce 6100) that
currently seems to have problems when used with Intrepid. Not "Intrepid
does not support nvidia"

I have no clue what the cause it, but the proprietary nvidia driver is
just as likely as an error in Ubuntu. In addition, the nv driver seems
to have an independent problem with the card.

In any case, it's not as if they left out support. It is supposed to
work, so I am optimistic that it will be fixed. Please note that the two
bug reports I linked (both the one about the nv driver in the live CD
and the one about the nvidia driver) are pretty poor in their current
state. I am afraid that they might be closed if nobody with a GeForce
6100 steps up and provides a well-written description of the problem
along with all the data that is requested per the helpful info at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Debugging
If you want the issue fixed, I'd suggest to read the above and add the
info to the nvidia bug report