Update Manager Hanging

Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Wed Oct 29 15:22:11 UTC 2008

I have not had any problems with update manager until about two weeks
ago.

It would hang and say it was downloading, and nothing would happen. I
could leave it for an hour and still no change. Finally I would kill the
process and restart and sometimes it would go and sometimes hang
again.

One time I had to do the check button first, then the install would work
fine.

Today I tried the check and it is hanging during the check. According to
the system monitor the process is sleeping. Memory is 459.1 MB out of
1.5GB and Swap is 0 out of 453 MB. The network is < 1 kb per second so
it is not because the computer is overloaded.

When it hangs it is before it asks for the password.

This time I had to try 3 times before it finally worked. Any Ideas?

--
Kipton Moravec AE5IB
"Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest."