Parted

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Sat Oct 25 08:25:01 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
>     Well parted will not work either. It sure seems from the man pages
> that a lot of the so-called partition tools do not do what they are
> supposed to do based on their man page. It is really sad. This is hard
> to stuff and they are wrong.
>
> Karl

parted does work.

However, for people that do not want to use parted, there is always
gparted or qtparted.

Just be sure that you do not use parted/qtparted/gparted from your
installed system!!!!

You need to always use it from a Linux Boot-CD, instead.

Kind regards
Eberhard

Disclaimer:
I generally know that parted usage is not dependant on where your Linux
runs. Instead it depends on the state of the partition(s) that is to be
modified. I just gave this oversimplified advice to get to something
that works everywehere, anytime.