Upgrade to 8.04 and now Xgl is using 95% of CPU

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Fri Oct 24 20:51:59 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 14:21 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> My suggestion would be to get this version Hardy working as it
> should.

That's what Abhinav and myself are trying to do :)

>  Odd that your having the problems you are.

Not at all, as I wrote in the other reply he is using an unsupported and
orphaned piece of software, namely Xgl. No surprise that it acts up.

> When you get the the
> new CD with the latest version load it into another partition and get it
> running. Should be easier on the new version.

Abhinav's reply demonstrates well that this is not really needed. Of
course, if the OP has a good backup (which he should, anyway) it is a
good option to reinstall instead of performing two full upgrades.