Printing question - Cups ipp printer from Windows XP

Linda haniganwork at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 24 20:15:26 UTC 2008

NoOp wrote:

> <snip>
>
> @Linda: This might also be of some help
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Font-FAQ
> Also, I spend a fair amount of time testing OOo (primarily the standard
> OOo/non-Ubuntu versions), so if you'd like to directly send me a sample
> of a document that is experiencing the problem I'll be happy to take a
> look at it and see if I can figure out what the problem might be. Please
> also include the OOo version(s), what type of printer, printer port
> settings, and if the printer is set to print RAW or spool etc. I can
> only test the Windows side via WinXPPro and Win2KPro.

I can send you the files and information, but I do not think there is
anyway it can be an Open Office problem, because if I print to a printer
connected to windows with a USB port it prints fine, and if I transfer
the file to Ubunutu and print it from open office on that machine it
works fine as well as the pdf export being correct. I'll mess with the
fonts installed on the server and also with the driver setup on the
windows side. I think also just for fun I'll play with raw ps and see
what happens with " in all the fonts that work on my printer. Let me
know if you want the information and I will pass it on.
                             Everyone thank you for the ideas
                                                Linda