Just for fun

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Oct 21 22:33:05 UTC 2008

    I happened to turn up my first Laptop I bought in 1984. It was/is a
Windows based Kyotronic 85. It runs from 6 volts DC from a wall wart or
AA batteries. It was made in Japan by Kyosei Co., LTD and forget where I
bought it.

    The CPU is a 80C85 blazing along from a 2.4 MHz Clock and has a
whole 16K bytes of RAM and 32K bytes of ROM.

    The screen is LCD that is 191 wide by 50 high mm. Big screen :-)

    I need to look for my old tape player. I have some Basic programs
and TEXT files somewhere.

    I bought this for my business and we were then all using tape to
store things back there. It was a year or two before the wonderful 360K
byte floppy drives showed up.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI