K3b & burning live CD

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun Oct 19 15:40:00 UTC 2008

Allen Meyers wrote:
> The correct gparted I intend
> to burn is downloaded on desk top and no matter what I do on this
> Kreator screen that comes up the arrow bottom screen next to cancel
> remains grayed (inaccessible)
> What might help in determining my
> specific problem is that area left of the speed slot continues to say
> please insert an empty CD
> Like my drive is not being recognized

I suppose you want to burn an ISO image to a CD. But did you really insert
a blank CD? If you insert a DVD instead it doesn't work. Then you would
have to choose "burn ISO image to DVD" instead, even if the image is
meant to be used with a CD. Either that or you have 2 CD/DVD burners in
your machine and you inserted the CD in the wrong one. And yes, I know
both from my own experience.

Nils