Xorg problems

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Oct 18 04:41:13 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
>         Two times now, after the monitor has been turned off an hour or
> two, when it comes back up I have a dark screen with a good cursor that
> moves as directed by the trackball. I have learned the fix is to use
> Ctrl-Alt-F1 to drop out of X windows and then Ctrl-Alt-F7 to return to
> X wildows.

So this doesn't happen every time you switch off the monitor for an hour?
Then I would guess it is a problem with one of the screen savers. If you
have set your machine to randomly select a screen saver it might hit one
which doesn't really work with your machine for some reason. Therefore
you could select a specific screen saver which does work, e.g. "blank
screen" which should work with every machine.

Nils